COUNCIL HIGHLIGHTS from August 19, 2019
- Approved Funding requests for Henry County Sheriff's Department for student education, for Pastors Matt and Laura for continuing education, and for Haylee Gustafson for a professional development workshop.
- Approved a contract for Deb Spence to fill the Receptionist position for the months of September through December, while
Sherry is out for seasonal employment and medical leave. Sherry Dickens plans to return to the position in January 2020.
- The Annual Meeting date has been set for January 26, 2020. A Congregational Forum will be held on January 19, 2020.
- The carpet installation has begun, and work will continue over the next few weeks, as additional carpet had to be ordered.
- Council was advised that 79 children attended Vacation Bible School in July.
- Congregation members Sandi Holmstrom and Linda Storm have asked to host a baby shower for Pastor Laura on October 26, 2019. All women of the congregation are invited.
- Plans are underway for Thanksgiving Eve service, which will include pie fellowship.
- The audit report was discussed, and potential policy updates considered.
General Fund Offering:
July actual $27,934
July budget $34,750
YTD actual $254,252
YTD budget $249,750
Net Income Over Expenses:
July actual $4,411 deficit
July budget $2,003 deficit
YTD actual $13,888 surplus
YTD budget $21,133 deficit
Please feel free to contact any council member with concerns or questions you may have. The Council meets the third Monday of every month at 7 p.m. and the meetings are open to the congregation.