COUNCIL HIGHLIGHTS from February 17, 2020
Multiple funding requests were approved:
- $1,000 from Local Benevolence for Lutheran Outdoor Ministries Center to assist children financially to attend camp.
- $105 from Called Staff Continuing Education plus mileage for Pastors to attend Ministry Development workshops on
February 20, 2020 and March 31, 2020.
- Up to $150 from Lay/Staff Development for church members to attend the Kishwaukee Resourcing Event on March 14, 2020.
- $676.25 from Lay/Staff Development for Morgan Sarber to attend the Area 8 Handbell Festival and Conference in June.
- Morgan Sarber requested work time be used to attend the Via de Christo Weekend on March 26-29 in lieu of worship.
Mission Endowment brought 3 requests to Council for approval:
- $1,000 for Another Child Foundation for support of new ministry partners.
- $1,000 for Claire Yerkey to do mission work in Puerto Rico as part of The Navigators.
- $1,000 for Rebuilding Together to build a new facility in Atkinson.
- We have applied for a tax exemption for the former rental property and garage.
- Finance Ministry continues to work through the audit report, and is preparing a document that will identify and explain all accounts.
As part of an ongoing assessment of the worship schedule, information on maximum capacity for the sanctuary is 320, which includes the balcony and overflow areas.
- Summer worship will again be 5:30 on Saturday and 9:30 on Sunday, from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.
- Representatives from the church met with Cambridge Lutheran Church in a conversation about the future of Cambridge Lutheran Church. We will continue to meet while they decide a course of action.
General Fund Offering:
January actual $83,557
January budget $80,333
YTD actual $83,557
YTD budget $80,333
Net Income Over Expenses:
January actual $31,353 surplus
January budget $27,632 surplus
YTD actual $31,353 surplus
YTD budget $27,632 surplus
Please feel free to contact any council member with concerns or questions you may have. The Council meets the third Monday of every month at 7 p.m. and the meetings are open to the congregation.