COUNCIL HIGHLIGHTS for December 21, 2020
The Congregation Council met via Zoom on December 21, 2020. The metrics for Region 2 of Illinois were reveiwed. As the metrics continue to improve, we are hopeful that some mitigations will be relaxed and certain in-person ministry opportunities can resume.
This topic will be revisited in January.
- Recommended proposed amendments to the Constitution, to be voted on by the Congregation at the Annual Meeting on
January 24, 2021.
- Set the agenda for the Annual Meeting.
- Discussed the 2021 proposed budget. Approved a motion from Finance Ministry to recommend a resolution to the congregation
at the Annual Meeting regarding our projected surplus for 2020.
- Approved two funding requests from Social Ministry: $500 for Henry County Senior Citizens and $750 for River Bend Food Bank.
- Approved an Investment Policy drafted and recommended by Finance Ministry, following the recommendation from the 2019 Audit.
- The Congregation Council will meet for a special Council Meeting on January 10, 2021, to approve a proposed 2021 budget.
November Financial Report
General Fund Offering:
November actual $33,657
November budget $33,833
YTD actual $429,053
YTD budget $416,666
Net Income Over Expenses:
November actual $1,870 deficit
November budget $3,707 deficit
YTD actual $28,659 surplus
YTD budget $14,238 deficit
Please feel free to contact any council member with concerns or questions you may have. The Council meets the third Monday of every month at 7 p.m. and the meetings are open to the congregation.