Women's Ministry First
Cover Girls Quilting—Come and work with the “Cover Girls” on a variety of projects including tying quilts made of donated fabrics and assembling several care kits for Lutheran World Relief. You are welcome to come any time you can help on Wednesday, May 2 & 9 at 9 a.m. in Grace Place. The need is great!
• To learn more about how your gift makes a difference, and specifically about This community in Peru,
watch our brand new quilt and kit video at lwr.org/videos/quilt-kit-pipeline. If you have any questions,
please do not hesitate to contact the LWR staff at 800.597.5972 or email@example.com.
Women’s Bible Study will be held on Wednesday, May 16 at 9 a.m. in the Fellowship Room. We will be using the Lutheran magazine, “Gather” for our study guide. All women are welcome to join us for this time of fellowship and Bible Study.
LWR Baby Care Kits
Bringing a baby into the world can be a difficult and scary thing for a mother living in poverty. A “Baby Care Kit” from LWR provides the things a mother needs to care for her baby the way she hopes to — soft blankets to give warmth and comfort, soap to keep germs away. Lack of something to dress her baby in often keeps a mother isolated from her community, but
the clothes in a Baby Care Kit welcome both mother and baby out into the world. Baby Care Kits will be our emphasis for
the months of May and June. Here are the items included in each kit:
• Two lightweight cotton t-shirts
• Two long- or short-sleeved gowns or sleepers (without feet)
• Two receiving blankets, medium-weight cotton or flannel (up to 52” square)
• Four cloth diapers (flat fold preferred)
• One jacket, sweater or sweatshirt with a hood, or include a baby cap
• Two pairs of socks
• One hand towel (dark color recommended)
• Two or three bath-size bars (8 to 9 oz.) of “gentle” soap (in original wrapping)
• Two large safety pins
Clothing between 6 and 24 months and may be “gently used and in good condition.” Donations may be left in the basket outside the church office.
Did You Know — Last year we donated 22 kits!
Learn more about the resources available for women through the ELCA by visiting www.womenoftheelca.org!